Mineral Owner Relations

Our Mineral Owner Relations Group is here to serve and assist interest owners with any questions or concerns. To facilitate more efficient communication, please have your owner number and social security number or tax identification number handy when you contact us.



How do I contact Robertson Energy?

Address: 229 Heymann Blvd. Lafayette, LA 70503

Mineral Owner Relations Hotline Number: (337) 541-1228

Fax: (337) 541-1200

Email: owner.relations@robertsonec.com

How do I change my address?

It is very important that you keep us informed of an address change. Your correct address on file will allow you to receive future mailings and 1099 tax information timely. All requests for address changes must be received in writing at the above address, faxed or emailed and should include:

  • Your Name
  • Owner/Payee Number
  • Old Address
  • New Address
  • Daytime Phone Number
  • Your signature
  • Last 4 Digits of SSN


What is the purpose of my "owner/payee number"?

You have been assigned an exclusive owner/payee number to distinguish you from Robertson Energy’s other interest owners. When communicating with Robertson Energy, please include your owner/payee number.

What will be the amount of my next check?

For security reasons, we no longer provide check detail over the phone before you receive your check.

What is minimum pay?

Many states have passed laws that allow producers to accumulate royalty obligations up to specified amounts before making payment to owners. Robertson Energy, LLC will accumulate funds until they reach $100 before a check is issued. However, if you wish to receive a check more frequently, then the limit can be set to $25 for payments. This must be requested in writing to our office.

What is annual pay?

Annually, Robertson Energy, LLC will issue funds to owners that have not reached the accumulated pay level of $100. If you have less than $100 in your account, a check for that amount will be issued to you each year.

What are "stale dated" checks?

Our revenue checks are valid for 90 days after the date of issue. If you do not deposit your check within the 90 days the check is considered stale dated and the bank will not honor the check. Please return the check to our office

ATTN: Owner Relations with a letter including your name, owner/payee number and daytime phone number. We will take the necessary steps to include the stale dated amount on your next revenue check.

Will I receive a 1099 every year? 

Royalty owners who receive $10.00 or more and working interest owners who receive $600.00 or more in a calendar year will receive a 1099 by January 31st of the following year. The income reported to the IRS is your gross income before taxes or other deductions. The 1099 will also list any state or US withholding amounts deducted from your revenue checks.

What should I do if my check is lost, stolen or not received? 

Please allow 10 business days to receive your check.

Contact Robertson Energy at the address or phone number provided above.

The request to reissue a check requires written notification that includes:

  • Your Name
  • Your Owner/Payee Number
  • Date of check in question
  • Check Number
  • Reason for request
  • Last 4 Digits of SSN
  • Your Signature
  • If the check has not been cashed, we will reissue the check on our next revenue check write.
What do I do when someone dies?

Oil and gas interests are considered real property and as such are governed by the law of the state in which the land is located. You should notify us in writing of the interest owner’s death and include a copy of the death certificate and a copy of the will. We will contact you with specific instructions pertaining to your situation.

How do I report a change of ownership other than death?

All requests for change in ownership must be submitted in writing, accompanied by a recorded conveyance document and sent to our office listed above. Please include the following information:

  • Name of current owner (and owner number if known)
  • New owner’s name, address and SSN or TIN
  • A copy of the recorded conveyance, assignment or deed
  • Daytime phone number with area code for contact person
  • Email address, if available

+1 531 800 734


Join our team.

Robertson is always looking for talented, motivated team members to help grow our business.